Howdy fellows! Right this moment we’re sitting down with Brendan Harris — Full-time web3 developer and Co-founder of Messengers of Eden.
Chris: Solana blockchain is about to witness new metadata requirements for music due to your challenge. What are you bringing in with the OneDropNFTs?
Brendan: Music is a large a part of all our lives at OneDropNFTs. In our expertise navigating the web3 area nevertheless, we observed that music NFTs had been actually underrepresented. We expect that is for 2 causes:
- 1. Music NFTs are sometimes created and consumed as mp4s. This makes your favourite tracks tough to search out on albums, and actually restricts the way in which you may retailer and hearken to them.
- 2. Artwork and music have at all times gone hand in hand. Assume the ‘Darkish Facet of the Moon’ album cowl: Iconic photographs that carry the music. Enjoying video recordsdata of static textual content or photographs overlapped with music is not a great way to expertise both.
To unravel these issues, we created a metadata commonplace for storing music MP3s within picture NFTs. This implies whenever you purchase an album: you get a unique album cowl picture, which holds the music within it. Navigate to our website to play the album straight out of your pockets. Select the monitor(s) you wish to hearken to, as a substitute of fumbling round with a scroll bar on the backside of an MP4.
We’re satisfied that music album NFTs will probably be saved and consumed utilizing this commonplace throughout all of web3 for a few years to come back, and we’re actively working to make that the case.
Chris: How is the OneDrop token distinctive? In different phrases, what units this NFT assortment other than the opposite music-based NFTs?
Brendan: Three issues set us aside:
- Business Partnerships: Our co-founder Owen Murphy has been knowledgeable artist for the previous ~10 years, working with a who’s who of the largest bands: Lifeless and Firm, Foo Fighters, Trey Anastasio, Billy strings, Lumineers, and so forth and so forth and so forth. He has all of the connections and partnerships to take this challenge mainstream and massively scale far past the web3 neighborhood as soon as we’re prepared.
- Know-how: Our Generative album covers that maintain the music knowledge for a individualized artwork and moveable music listening expertise. You’ll by no means be capable of return to MP4s for music after experiencing our answer.
- Music: crypto WAVE radio’s album is DOPE. It is a retro impressed album that I assure will make you smile.
Chris: So, who’re these Messengers of Eden? What are the totally different traits that make every one of many 999 NFTs distinctive?
Brendan: The Messengers of Eden are these cute little owls that Owen has been drawing within the background of his posters for a few years. As generative album covers / posters, the pictures are extraordinarily detailed line artwork. This isn’t a Profile Image challenge, these are literal posters that needs to be printed out at 11×14″ 350DPI decision, or displayed on giant digital picture frames.
Describing all of the attributes is just too tough since there are ~100 of them and they’re all so distinctive. That stated, they’re damaged up into faces, our bodies, perches, backgrounds, and wings. My favourite asset is known as ‘Not a Fish’, it’s a 1/1000 owl perch that may be a big wall mounted dildo, haha.
Chris: Curiously, members of the Messengers of Eden assortment also can retailer music. How does the token permit music storage?
Brendan: We retailer the mp3 recordsdata on IPFS, and hyperlink them within the metadata of the generative cowl album. Trying carefully, you will notice ‘track1’, ‘track2’, and so forth within the metadata of the album cowl. A parser appears for these key phrases, parses out the information, queries all of the music recordsdata, and shows them in your listening pleasure.
Chris: Furthermore what performance permits for a variety of music to take pleasure in?
Brendan: The hot button is to scale this commonplace for different musicians to make use of, and different web sites to create music gamers to devour music NFTs straight out of your pockets. This creates worth for house owners of the albums, and reduces friction throughout the whole ecosystem. We wish to make the expertise so easy that folks do not know they’re utilizing Web3 in any respect.
To opensource the metadata commonplace: I am going to publish a medium article, and a react element on NPM for others to simply incorporate the participant into their web sites. This fashion we will organically scale an album cowl music NFT commonplace on solana (and past).
Chris: What’s the value of 1 Messenger of Eden NFT? What number of tokens will be minted in a single transaction?
Brendan: The worth is 0.77 Sol, just one will be minted at a time. We got here up with this when Sol was $100, so persons are getting a very nice deal by Owen and I taking a reasonably large hit. A customized 1:1 poster, and an unique limited-release album by crypto WAVE radio is price $77, however we’re promoting it for $40 or so due to the value fluctuation of Sol.
Chris: Lastly, what are your plans for the way forward for the Messengers of Eden NFT assortment? How do you wish to broaden the NFT expertise for the buyers?
Brendan: Owen and I are doxxed, and fucking hate rugs. I am not going to blow smoke up asses, I am going to let the work communicate for itself. That stated, we’ve got some large plans to scale far past web3. Comply with our challenge on Twitter and be a part of our Discord to search out out what we’re as much as, and are available alongside for the journey.